Fossil Grey is a beautiful luster light grey pigment, our popular mica powder is ideal for DIY craft use, such as, epoxy, resin, woodworking, pen blanks, plastics, slime, watercolors, cosmetics, fishing lures, bath bombs, jewelry, melt and pour, lip balm, acrylic, polish, candle making, and MUCH more.
INGREDIENTS & PARTICLE SIZE–
Ingredients Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide
Heat Threshold 392 °- 572 °
|FDA-Permitted for External Use
|FDA-Permitted for Eye Area Use
|FDA-Permitted for General (Including Lips) Use
|FDA-Permitted for Bath Bombs Use
|2 grams per 8 ounces
The most common question that we receive is “How much pigment per gallon of epoxy?”. This is a very valid question and unfortunately there is no set answer due to the numerous types of applications and variations. This is why we recommend the 2 grams per 8 oz and add as desired.
- Are you looking for an opaque or transparent look?
- Lighter colors may take more pigment to achieve the color.
Why micron sizes matter:
- PLEASE be aware of the micron sizes of the pigment. The larger the micron, the larger the particle.
- Typical pigments average 10-60um.
- Be aware that larger micron sized pigments will most likely have a heavier density which will cause the pigment to sink faster in fresh epoxy such as deep pours.
- For example, our Icicle or 14k Nugget Gold is 200-700um and will most likely sink in fresh epoxy faster.
- To alleviate sinking either let the epoxy settle up a little bit. Or, come back through your project to “stir” it a little more.
- SOAPS RATIOS–
Soap – Cold process 2 tsp per lb of oils Soap – Hot process ½ tsp lb of MP base
Lotions 1-5% By Weight Lipstick And Pigmented Lipgloss 5-10% By Weight Eyeshadow 15-80% By Weight Nail Polish 5-25% By Weight Shampoo 0.1-2% By Weight