Miðað við 0,5 mm þykkt þá þekkja 2 kg 2.86 m²
Touch Dry á 24 kls – blöndun 1:1
MasterCast 1-2-1 Clear Artwork Coating Resin is a two component epoxy resin that
produces an optically clear, high gloss finish and is particularly suited to resin art,
it can be used on many surfaces such as canvas, wood, MDF, glass, perspex, concrete & metal
MasterCast 1-2-1 Clear Art Coating Resin has been ASTM certified non-hazardous and non-toxic,
it utilises the most up to date UV inhibitors/blockers to offer robust non yellowing properties.
MasterCast is a two part epoxy resin with an easy 1:1 mix ratio by volume.
The resin self levels to form a perfectly flat and shiny finish.
Once cured, MasterCast provides a clear art coating resin that won’t shrink or distort over time.
It can be applied by pouring or by brush/roller and cures at ambient temperature.
It has excellent UV resistance, clarity and transparency making the resin system particularly
suitable for the protection and decoration of: paintings, artwork, sculptures, badges,
photos or just about any creative project.
- Solvent and odour free
- Safe to use – ASTM certified
- High build formula
- Exceptional UV resistance
Þú finnur fleiri Video á YouTube um Mastercast
Frekari upplýsingar eru á vefsíðu framleiðandans
|Mix ratio|| by volume: 100 parts resin to 100 parts hardener
by weight: 100 parts resin to 90 parts hardener
|Surfaces||canvas, wood, MDF & glass|
|Curing time||touch dry in 4/5 hours at 23°C|
|Coverage||1 litre of the mixed product will cover approx. 1.43 m²@ 0.5 mm thick (1kg = 1 litre)|
|Pot Life||15-20 minutes at 23°C (250g mixed mass)|
|Shelf life||one year in sealed containers|
The mixing ratio must be accurately followed to achieve perfect results.
It is not possible to change the ratio which would result in the resin not
drying properly and lower mechanical properties.
The mixed components should be thoroughly stirred for 3-4 minutes to ensure an even consistency.
Epoxy systems tend to heat up faster in a pot than as a thin film, only mix the amount needed
for use within the pot life of the product.
The product MASTERCAST 1-2-1
What it is.
MASTERCAST 1-2-1 is an ASTM certified two component, epoxy resin for easy and safe application. Create stunning, high-gloss works of art with MASTERCAST 1-2-1.
What it can do.
MASTERCAST 1-2-1 becomes a hard and glass-like varnish when its two individual components are mixed. It also offers the best possible protection against yellowing. This is ensured by so-called UV stabilizers: our products contain a UV absorber and HALS (Hindered Amine Light Stabilizer).
For this it is.
MASTERCAST 1-2-1 has a medium viscosity, i.e. it is a somewhat thicker resin. That’s why it’s ideal for fluid painting. Add colorants or another additive to create unusual effects and cell structures.
Create individual optical effects by working with a hot air dryer, for example. This works great on canvases, wood, glass, metal, furniture, mosaics, encaustic paintings, drawings, paintings, photos, paper collages, prints and other surfaces.
Due to its thicker consistency, MASTERCAST 1-2-1 is also particularly suitable for beginners. This resin does not flow away immediately when you work with it and you can feel your way to the medium that is new to you.
Measuring, mixing and processing MASTERCAST 1-2-1
- Mix the resin and hardener of MASTERCAST 1-2-1 1:1 by volume. Place the two components in a suitable mixing cup.
- Stir the measured quantity in the mixing cup. Use a plastic spatula for this purpose. Stir slowly and thoroughly, for 3-5 minutes; including the bottom and sides of the mixing cup.
- Your mixture is ready and you now have 25-30 minutes to process the resin. After that, it will become too thick and begin to harden.
- You have prepared your painting surface beforehand, which means: it has been dusted, degreased and is lying flat on your work surface.
- Now pour the resin mixture onto the painting surface. Resin is self-leveling and spreads by itself on a smooth, even surface. However, you are welcome to help it along with a spatula.
- MASTERCAST 1-2-1 is a high-quality product that forms only small bubbles, if any. If bubbles appear, simply remove them with the heat of a Bunsen burner or hot air dryer. To do this, go over the resin surface in sweeping motions at a distance of about 10 cm.
- Protect your work from dust or other foreign matter by working in as dust-free an environment as possible. Cover it when it is finished.
- It is best to clean the cured surface with a damp cloth.
You should be aware of this:
Although our resins are formulated with the most advanced and safest epoxy chemicals available, you should handle all epoxies responsibly and proactively ensure your safety:
- Always wear nitrile gloves.
- Wear a dust mask and, even better, safety glasses when sanding cured resin.
- It is advisable to work in a well-ventilated area and wear a respirator.
- Avoid skin contact (if resin gets on skin, wash with plenty of soap and water).
- DO NOT eat, drink or smoke while working.
- If eyes are contaminated, wash with plenty of water for 15 minutes and seek medical attention immediately.
- Adding inks/varnishes/mica powder/glitter to epoxy changes its properties and may reduce its non-toxicity. If using alcohol inks, DO NOT use a flame to remove bubbles as alcohol is flammable.
For more technical information on Eli-Chem resin MASTERCAST 1-2-1, please see our summary table.